OFF IN A DREAM...

I’ve been having these dreams,
And so it seems,
I’m headed to a land far, far away,
For three months ago, I was sent there to stay.
Off on a jet, clear across the pond.
To the British Isles, where I would grow quite fond.

I’d settled into my flat and found my way ‘round town,
To Chichester, down south, with a cathedral of its own.
At Autumn, publishing kid’s books, was where I would be
In a barn mostly full of ladies with lovely accents unlike me.

Over weekends I'd venture out to places not so far.
Whether by train or a plane on a bike or via car…
To Sweden, Ireland, France, Italy and Wales,
Visiting friends, seeing architecture and learning historical tales.

It all seemed to go by so fast,
This fairytale of a girl in a dream is now past.
For off on a jet, I’m afraid I must go.
And where it takes me next, only in a dream I will know.

No comments:

Post a Comment